The Young Women's Choral Projects of San Francisco is quickly becoming recognized as a world-class choral organization for young women. Founded in 2012, with a single chorus of 33 young women, the organization now has over 100 singers ages 5-18 in five groups. The mission of YWCP is to transform the lives of young women through exceptional artistry in choral performance, and bring the expressive power of their music to the community, the nation, and the world. Through YWCP, participants of richly diverse socio-ethnic backgrounds find their voices as singers, artist and women in a nurturing environment that empowers them to artistic and personal excellence.
Now in its fifth season, the premier ensemble has won national awards and has received accolades in the press. In just five years, the Young Women's Chorus has performed concerts in Italy, Germany, Canada, Boston, New York and Seattle. In 2016, it professionally recorded its first album, Rejoice! at Skywalker Sound Studio. In addition, YWC has collaborated with high-level Bay Area arts organizations such as Clerestory, the San Francisco Symphony, Kronos Quartet, Kitka, and Crosspulse.
Rehearsals for our choruses are held twice a week at First Unitarian Church, 1187 Franklin Street in San Francisco.
• In collaboration with other YWCP music faculty, develop goals and expectations for Vivo Chorus
• Choose repertoire yearly, mostly 3-4 part music in several languages and styles
• Conduct twice weekly rehearsals, Wednesday evenings 6:00-8:30 pm, and Sunday afternoons, 3:30-6pm
• Teach sightreading using solfege (moveable "do")
• Conduct Vivo Chorus at YWCP's two Showcase concerts in December and early June
• Conduct Vivo Chorus in outreach concerts and bookings when scheduled (approximately 4 per year)
• Attend directors' meetings once a month on Sundays (1:15 - 2:45pm)
• Conduct evaluations of each chorister, at the end of each semester, and send home written comments
• Love of children and helping them discover the joys of music
• Experience teaching choral music, 5 years or more preferred
• Excellent vocal technique for modeling and teaching healthy singing
• Fluency in solfege (moveable do) and the ability to use it in teaching sightreading
• Knowledge of treble vocal music in various styles, musical periods, and languages
• Kodály music education training, preferred
Facebook | Twitter | E-mail: email@example.com
Young Women's Choral ProjectsP.O. Box 170508 San Francisco, CA 94117Phone: 415.312.7787